Mohawk College hiring full-time computer science faculty
The Department of Computer Science and Information Technology in the School of Engineering Technology requires a full time Professor to teach in any number of courses and program areas, at both the senior and junior level, including but not limited to:
- Network Systems
- Network Engineering and Security Analysis
- Software Support
- Software Development
Under the direction of the Associate Dean, Professors in this department are responsible for providing academic leadership for developing an effective learning environment
The duties of this position will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Create a positive learning environment in the classroom and laboratories
- Provide leadership and training in the development of course material for software development and infrastructure, as well as other courses in the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Use a variety of teaching and learning strategies including online learning
- Use a variety of techniques to evaluate student achievement of learning outcomes
- Develop, deliver and revise learning resources within the department
The successful applicant will have:
- Post-secondary education in a related field (Masters degree required for Bachelor of Technology courses).
- Several years of practical experience in industry.
- Prior teaching experience at the post secondary level would be an asset.
The successful applicant will be required to attend the 3 day College Educator Development Program (CEDP), day New Staff Orientation and 2 day Teacher Success Training.
The successful candidate must have an ability to relate theoretical knowledge and practical applications through innovative delivery methods so as to provide a meaningful learning environment for students of diverse backgrounds and ages. The ability to work as a part of a team and demonstration of excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
Faculty members hired at Mohawk College must be prepared to teach with a learner-centered approach and to assist in the development and application of alternate delivery methods. He/she may be assigned to teach classes at any College Campus