Stoney Creek’s Linatrol Systems is hiring a software developer
Linatrol Systems is a global market leader in Computer Numerical Control (CNC) systems, primarily targeting oxygen fuel or plasma based metal cutting applications. Originally part of the Electronics Division of Westinghouse Canada we are now independently owned and operated from our headquarters in Stoney Creek, Ontario with additional offices in Turkey and India. We are committed to providing industry leading quality to our customers today and innovating cutting edge technology to serve them tomorrow.
About the Job:
As a software developer you would take the lead on programming any of our C or C++ projects. In addition to your primary role as a programmer you would also:
- Collaborate with co-workers and partners in the creation of software solutions
- Assist in the design of new software components
- Implement designs for new software solutions
- Maintain current software solutions and identify opportunities to improve them
- Assist in the creating of user documentation
- Contribute to our internal customer service wiki
You are able to work independently, setting timelines and achieving those targets. When you are confronted with problems you like to explore them and figure out the answer, using your own research to keep the project moving forward. You see the big picture but pay close attention to details without getting lost in them. You possess many of the following skills and qualifications:
- A graduate of a college programming or related diploma program or of a university degree program in Computer Science or Software Engineering or able to demonstrate equivalent experience
- Confident C and C++ programmer able to read and write clear code
- Exceptional debugging skills including memory allocation issues
- Familiar with the Windows Threading Model (Kernel Mode, User Mode)
- Working knowledge of the Windows API and STL. Familiarity with MFC a plus.
- Some knowledge of serial (RS-232) technology and programming a plus.
- Possess a working knowledge of programming tools like Visual Studio and Subversion
- Familiar and able to support software through the entire software lifecycle
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English