Interested in becoming a regular contributor?
September 5, 2012 in Community
Most tech/startup communities will have at least one good community-level blog or online hub, think Montreal TechWatch or Startup North. I’ve tried to grow Software Hamilton into a similar community blog by posting articles from a wide range of the community (startup founders, ecosystem service providers, students/professors, etc). It isn’t there yet and there is much left to be done, but it has come a long way since its beginnings as “ghcsn.org” (a Very Long Five Letter Acronym… *cringe*). The site’s traffic has grown steadily over the last 12 months, with monthly double digit percentage growth in traffic ever since I started doing regular Monday-Friday updates. While anybody is welcome to send me an article at any time, I’m now looking for more people to volunteer to write (monthly, or more frequent) columns for Software Hamilton.
Some regular columns/articles that I’d love to post in particular:
- Interviews with members of the tech industry inside and outside of Hamilton (text or video)
- Software development (tools/techniques, testing, industry trends)
- User experience / user interface design
- Computer science / software engineering (new developments, research, opinions)
- Funding (advice/experiences, bootstrapping, crowdfunding, VC, angel)
- Marketing / branding for tech products
- Intellectual property for tech startups
- Founder experiences (inside view, best practices, etc)
- Opinion pieces on tech and startup industry news and trends
It’s an opportunity to write articles that will reach the community in Hamilton (and increasingly beyond), to build your network, gain experience, and have fun. If you’re interested, or have your own ideas for what you could contribute, just send me an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.