New Motto presents Website Building 101 – Using WordPress
Info taken from & full details available @ newmotto0904.eventbrite.com
Looking to launch or upgrade your website? Â Need to keep costs down? Want to be able to easily edit content yourself? Want it to have a modern look and feel on desktop, tablet and smartphone platforms?
…Now for the fun part–want to have your new website live and ready to share in ONE day?
No Problem! Just come to our one-of-a-kind WordPress website-building bootcamp.
This day-long seminar shows you all the steps involved in launching a website–no coding experience necessary. By the end of the day, you will have a captivating, live website that can be used to enhance your business, your career, or help share your personal interests.
Who should attend this event?
- Company leaders
- Professional communicators
- Recent grads
- Graphic designers
- Community initiative leaders
- Web development beginners are welcome. Absolutely no HTML, CSS, or web design background is necessary.
Targeted, Hands-on Learning
All participants will have access to WiFi so that they can follow along every step of the way. Â No one gets left behind; we make sure the pace is comfortable for everyone, especially beginners to web design. This seminar will have no more than 5 attendees, to ensure everyone has ample opportunity to ask questions and share ideas.
New Motto Inc., Head Office
(Located in Hellingman Communications Building)
225 Locke Street South, Hamilton, ON
Free parking is available nearby, on Alexander Street, Chatham Street, and Reginald Street.
What does it cost?
Registration is $499.
Domain name and hosting account setup through BlueHost – to be set up during seminar. (Approx $85/year.)
Paid website themes and plugins (Optional, Approx. $25-$100).
- Free WiFi.
- Light refreshments will be provided all day long.
Recommended Locke Street lunch break locations:
- NaRoma Pizza Bar
- West Town Bar & Grill
- The Courtyard
- Earth to Table Bread Bar
- Chuckâ€™s Burger Bar
- Beach Road Meats & Deli
- Siam Dish
- Johnnyâ€™s Coffee
What is on the agenda?
- Domain name & hosting essentials
- Content development for the web
- WordPress essentials
- Using design themes
- Setup your website domain name & hosting account using BlueHost
- Install WordPress
- Find and install a suitable design theme
- Modifying/customizing your theme
- Uploading and editing your content
- Show & tell
What will you take away from the seminar?
A ready-to-share, modern website.
The ability to create a brand new WordPress-based website, from start to finish.
The ability to maintain, develop, and update your website moving forward.
- Direct contacts for New Motto support reps that will help you take your digital communications strategy to the next level.
All participants are required to bring:
- A laptop computer with power cord.
- Cell phone (for BlueHost account setup call.)
- Credit Card (to set up BlueHost account.)
- Any content you would like to have on your website–i.e., text, images, or YouTube video (optional); we will help you organize it in-session.