Software Hamilton was founded in January 2011 with the goal of connecting and growing the Greater Hamilton software community.
- Software Hamilton regularly organizes tech ‘show and tell’ event DemoCamp and monthly pub night StartupDrinks.
- Software Hamilton operates on a volunteer basis and sponsorship dollars are only used for event costs.
- The Software Hamilton blog is updated daily from Monday-Friday to publicize all things tech in Hamilton. Anyone from the community interested in contributing articles is welcome to submit them.
- The Software Hamilton calendar and events newsletter documents all known software, tech and startup related events occurring in the Hamilton-area.
- Software Hamilton actively encourages and supports those who take up organizing grassroots technology events and initiatives. If you want to start a hackathon, workshop, learn to code club, user group, meetup or some other initiative to support the community Software Hamilton can provide free support in terms of providing publicity, obtaining sponsors, identifying suitable venues, etc.
The software industry in Hamilton is on the rise and has been for sometime now.
Since 2011 the Software Hamilton job board postings have increased tenfold, the directory of firms has tripled in size, and the blog traffic has quadrupled. Enrolment at local post-secondary institutions is increasing, and outreach efforts to get more children interested in pursuing a career in software have greatly expanded. A flurry of new events from AppsForHealth to WordCamp have sprung up and helped to connect and grow our community even further.
Become a part of Hamilton’s growing software community!