Attention! This job posting is 40 days old and might be already filled.
This job posting was marked by employer as filled and is probably no longer available
|Company Name||Orbital Studios, Inc. (view profile)|
|Date Posted||February 1, 2013|
Orbital is a small, focused digital agency located in downtown Hamilton. We design and develop beautiful, accessible websites, mobile apps and digital engagement campaigns for large, medium-sized clients and international advertising agencies.
As a growing company, we're on the lookout for a full-time web developer to help us create engaging, one-of-a-kind experiences for our growing list of clients.
- Proficient with Ruby/Rails and/or PHP
- Proficient in Drupal and WordPress theming and module/plugin development
- Experience with CSS3 media queries and responsive design practices
- Experience implementing social media (FB Graph, Twitter) and SaaS (JSON-based) APIs
- Excellent taste for great user experience design and an intuitive understanding of user psychology
- Information architecture, wireframe design and prototype development
- Comfortable in a Mac environment
- An unsettling love for the command line
- Great communication and writing skills
Great, but not required
- Familiarity with git, repo workflow and unit testing
- Native iOS/Android and/or PhoneGap development experience
- Experience with T-SQL, data management and reporting
- Contributions to open-source (we'd love to see your github repo!), civic engagement or other good for humanity cause
As part of the Orbital team, you'll enjoy flexible hours in a friendly, relaxed atmosphere. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits, including unlimited prescription, dental and life coverage. We also offer a "Live Local, Work Local" benefit for those who live within downtown Hamilton.