Editor’s Note: Lots of representation from Hamilton tech in this list… CENG, GoWrench, Nix Sensor, Orbis Communications, SOAP Vault…
Hamilton, ON – Today, the City of Hamilton’s Economic Development Office and Mayor Fred Eisenberger announced the inaugural “Hamilton Fast 40” winners. The initiative is part of the 2016-2020 Economic Development Action Plan, which identifies a “stretch target” of having 10 Hamilton based businesses listed on Canadian Business (CB) Magazine’s 500 Fastest Growing Businesses list (the Growth 500). To do this, a local program was created to identify the fastest growing companies in Hamilton and from there the applicants were encouraged and assisted in applying for the national honour.
“I’d like to extend my congratulations to each of the Hamilton Fast 40 and appreciate their continued investments in our community,” said Hamilton Economic Development Director Glen Norton. “The City of Hamilton is extremely proud to have these businesses based right here in our great city and we remain committed to helping them grow and succeed into the future.”
In order to be considered a “Fast 40” company, the following were asked of applicants:
- Required to have a head office in Hamilton
- Questions will mirror the Canadian Business Magazine’s Growth 500 competition, with similar evaluation metrics (growth measured by 5 year change in revenue)
- Companies with two or more years of history but less than five can also participate
- Companies are required to disclose revenue and employment totals, but the information will not be shared or published- rather, only the % change
- Companies do not need to provide financial statements for verification; Hamilton Economic Development would rely solely upon attestation of CEO.
“I’m thrilled with the calibre of Hamilton’s Fast 40 and even more thrilled with the fact that many of these companies went on to achieve the national ranking,” said Hamilton Mayor Fred Eisenberger. “Hamiltonians should be very proud of the inaugural list of companies on the Fast 40 and I encourage other businesses in our city to consider applying for this ranking in the Spring of 2019.”
Hamilton’s Fast 40 for 2018 are:
- A.S. Security & Surveillance
- ALP Training Institute
- Ambitious Realty Advisors
- Auto Key Pro Inc.
- Caliber Communications Inc
- CAN-AM Cryoservices Corp
- Carmen’s Group
- Carstar Canada
- CENG Technologies Inc.
- Collective Arts Brewing
- Determination Drilling
- Epic Tool Inc
- Epiphany Coaches Inc.
- Everworks Inc
- Fairway Electrical Services Inc.
- Forge & Foster
- Gala Bakery Inc.
- Guest Plumbing and Heating
- Joseph Haulage Canada Corp.
- Max Aicher North America Ltd.
- MCC Controls
- Nix Sensor Ltd.
- Norstar Windows & Doors Ltd.
- One:One Manufacturing
- Orbis Communications
- Paramount Safety Consulting Inc.
- Relay Coffee Roasters
- RSK Automotive & Collision
- SM Cladding Solutions
- Snowbird Transportation
- Soap Vault
- Superior Radiant Products
- Taridium Canada
- The Generator
- The Laundry Design Works
- The Other Bird
- West Avenue Cider
- WPE Landscape Equipment
Partners in the Hamilton Fast 40 program to date included:
- Hamilton Chamber of Commerce
- Stoney Creek Chamber of Commerce
- Flamborough Chamber of Commerce
- Hamilton Spectator
- Innovation Factory
Hamilton’s Economic Development Office is the central point of contact for business assistance. Its services are geared to serve new start-up companies, corporate relocations, and the expansion and retention of existing business. Its mission is to serve as the catalyst for continued economic growth, job creation, and revitalization in Hamilton.
Communications and Media Advisor
Office of Mayor Fred Eisenberger
Phone: 905-546-2424 ext. 4225
Director, Economic Development- City of Hamilton
905-546-2424 ext. 5780
Hamilton Economic Development
905-546-2424 ext. 1781