- This event has passed.
An Introduction to Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning for Beginners
September 23 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning are all around us – from Siri on your iPhone to Google Map suggestions, to recommendations for purchases during your Amazon check-out. While many of us may think AI and machine learning mean more robots and self-driving cars, at a fundamental level, they are about data – and ways to make meaning of data.
What will you learn?
In this workshop, weâ€™ll use a hands-on project based approach to learn how to put data to use for us in our everyday lives. During the session, youâ€™ll learn the following:
- An introduction to the history of artificial intelligence and machine learning, what they mean and why it matters
- An introduction to data and strategies for collection, preparation, manipulation and analysis of data
- An introduction to machine learning models and predictive data
- Build your very own machine learning model to evaluate data thatâ€™s interesting to you
- What resources are available if youâ€™d like to continue learning at home (and we think you will) and career opportunities available in the fields of AI and machine learning