Hamilton, ON â€“ April 13, 2017 â€“ Hamilton Health Innovation Week (HHIW) 2017 (April 24-30, 2017) is being launched in Hamilton.Â The event serves as a showcase for world-class health innovation happening in Hamilton and from across the country. It brings together hundreds of public and private sector practitioners around a common vision: to turn inspiration into innovation that can be used by our healthcare sector to improve patient outcomes.
HHIW 2017 will bring together startups, entrepreneurs, researchers, academics, private and public partners to create new networks, explore new ideas, and raise the profile of cutting-edge innovation. Throughout the week, practitioners will be challenged to confront real-world problems facing the healthcare industry, and work collaboratively to explore and develop real-world solutions using technology, research and innovative insights from a cross-section of disciplines.
WHAT:Â Â Â Â Hamilton Health Innovation WeekÂ
WHEN:Â Â Â April 24-30, 2017
WHERE:Â Across Hamilton
WHO:Â Â Â Â Â Â McMaster University, Mohawk College, IBM, Hamilton Health Sciences, City of Hamilton, Hacking Health Hamilton and MIIRC@M
WHY:Â Â Â Â Â Â Hamilton is home to a thriving and dynamic life sciences ecosystem. from world class research hospitals to cutting edge digital health IT firms. Together, the Hamilton life sciences cluster employs over 35,000 people, more than 5,000 scientists and researchers, and is investing $450 million in innovative research each year.Â In 2016, Hamilton welcomed a major downtown investment from IBM Canada – the Innovation Exchange – and work has begun on the new 40,000 square footFranhofer Centre for Biomedical Engineering and Advanced Manufacturing.
Key Events Include:
- Apps For Health (Thursday, April 27th)–Â Featuring Jane Philpott, Federal Minister of Health and Nathalie Le Prohon, VP, Healthcare Industry, for IBM Canada, Apps for Health is one of Ontarioâ€™s premier information-sharing, networking and recruiting events for the digital health industries. This interactive, one-day event provides a valuable opportunity for professionals from healthcare, technology, education to come together to discuss current and emerging trends in health, technology, medical education, and entrepreneurship.
- Hacking Health Hamilton Hackathon (Friday, April 28th– Sunday, April 30th)– Hacking Health is designed to improve healthcare by inviting technology creators and healthcare professionals to collaborate on realistic, human-centric solutions to front-line problems.
- FHIR North (Wednesday, April 26th)– FHIR implementers will once again come together this April at Mohawk College to develop and test innovative applications using the HL7Â® FHIR standards framework.
- #MIIT17 (Friday, April 28th)– Medical Imaging Informatics and Teleradiology (MIIT) focuses on emerging technologies and practices for acquiring, processing, managing, accessing, and sharing medical images, along with topics driving changes in relevant policies within Canada.
- CCHL Study Tour – Digital Transformation in Health Care (Thursday, April 27th) â€“ The Canadian College of Health Leaders is offering a full-day tour aligned with the Apps for Health conference; gain insights about working on the frontlines of digital transformation in healthcare, including case studies on how Ontario’s second largest hospital network is executing its digital strategy.
For more information, including the schedule of events, visit: http://hamiltonhealthinnovationweek.ca/