Hamilton Health Sciences and IBM are seeking proposals for exciting, innovative new projects aimed at improving the delivery of health care in our community and beyond.
The innovation exchange will focus on six key domains that are complementary to the Hospital Information System. The opportunity is to develop Ontario-based solutions, addressing challenges that impact patient experience, optimal workflow and patient health outcomes using cloud based enabling technology.
- Smarter Workflow
- basedÂ on mobile devices and Internet of Things, internal HHS workflows, transitions and patient flow.
- Patient Engagement
- will transform the way in which patients and families interact with HHS, to reduce administrative costs and improve quality via self-care.
- Decision Support
- using advanced patient similarity analytics, will enable greater segmentation of HHS patient populations to improve care planning and decision support.
- Predictive Care
- Leveraging home based monitoring to create predictive models and risk profiling using structured and unstructured data to proactively modify care plans in advance.
- Managing Closer to Home
- Will reduce demand via preventative and early readmission reduction models using telemedicine, home-health, mobile devices and patient engagement.
- Cognitive and Knowledge Synthesis
- Addressing the 100,000â€™s of articles published annually, will enhance decision support, by combining EMRs and text-based clinical notes.
The deadline for submissions is no later than April 10.Â For more information about applying, please click here
In March 2016, HHS and IBM announced the establishment of a new collaboration initiative known as the Innovation Exchange. This initiative will provide experts from HHS, IBM and other organizations a dedicated space to partner on innovation projects in support of healthcare transformation. IBM provides innovators â€“ research scientists, industry & academic partners, start-ups and scale-ups – with technologies they otherwise would not have access to, to advance the pursuit of solutions to challenges in healthcareÂ and other sectors.
For additional questions, please contact Ted Scott (firstname.lastname@example.org), the Chief Innovation Officer at Hamilton Health Sciences.