Are you looking for a software development role that is interesting, challenging and provides you with opportunities to grow in your career?
Teachworks is a leading business management system that helps language schools, tutoring companies and music schools in more than 35 countries around the world coordinate and manage their operations more efficiently.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and experienced, full stack developer with Ruby on Rails experience to play a leadership role on our growing team in Burlington, Ontario.
- Develop high-quality, maintainable, and scalable software using Ruby on Rails.
- Technical planning and architectural decision-making for a high-availability SaaS application.
- Perform upgrades and infrastructure changes.
- Practice Test-Driven Development.
- Support the efforts of our design, front-end, support, and marketing functions.
- Develop new stand-alone, software programs.
- 5+ years full stack web development, 3+ years Ruby on Rails experience
- Computer Science Degree or Similar Experience
- Solid fundamental understanding of web technologies including HTTP, RESTful services, and cloud platforms such as AWS
- Ability to communicate and relate well with others
- Be located near Burlington, ON (flexibility to work from home with some days in the office)
- You have a strong bias for simplicity and high-quality, scalable code
- You can make informed technology and implementation decisions and justify them
- You enjoy taking ownership of tasks from inception to implementation
Bonus Points if:
- You have experience building scalable API services in Ruby
- Interested in areas such as machine learning and AI
Our small team environment provides a variety of unique opportunities and benefits:
- You’ll have the opportunity to develop leadership skills and make high-level decisions related to software architecture, design and development practices.
- We work smart, not long.
- We pay competitive salaries and have flexible vacation and work-from-home policies.
- A fun and relaxed work environment
- A rapidly growing customer base
- Profit sharing, health insurance, & free coffee
How to Apply
To apply please email us at email@example.com with some information about yourself,Â your resume, and some examples of your work if available.